Bits and pieces, odds and ends. I’ve been a busy bee with school work and papers, and quizzes, and studying for finals.
- It’s unreal that this semester is almost over. I’m nearly 2/3 of the way to being a nurse. Yay, big life goals!
- Psych rotation has been hard, but a very different kind of hard than any of the other rotations. This one is emotional and I’ve found myself having to be very introspective. There’s a lot more required than showing up and taking blood pressures, and speaking with some of the patients who are very acutely ill is nerve-wracking. I’m not a professional, nor do I claim to be, and the thought that anything I might say could trigger something in a patient is very real and pretty terrifying for me.
- I feel surprisingly on top of my study game.
- When I do finally move from NYC, I think one of the things I will miss most is the food from the cart outside of this library. This hummus pita I got is life-giving. (Their chicken and rice is damn good, too.)
- In that same token, I hope that wherever I do move that it is acceptable to drink coffee at all hours of the day like I have learned to do here.
- In 11 short days I will be flying into Milwaukee with Rob to begin the Great Christmas Road Trip of 2013. Our road trip last year was much more impressive (Tampa > Grand Rapids > Iron Mountain > Grand Rapids > Chicago > Milwaukee), but this one will also require some travel across the Mighty Mack once or twice.
- I’m feeling very in the Christmas spirit lately - it could have something to do with the snow the other day, or maybe it’s the Christmas tree I put on display - whatever it is, my heart grows 10 times each day. (Not in real life though - I hope - because left ventricular hypertrophy and cardiomegaly are no joke.)